A flood can damage your home and treasured possessions. Even if you do not reside in a flood-prone area, flooding can still happen. Flood insurance can save you from having to pay thousands of dollars out of pocket to rectify the damage. Flood coverage is one of the most critical types of insurance coverage for Floridians.

The Gordon Agency can help you find a flood policy that fits your budget and help you understand your flood insurance policy.

Whether you live on the coast or not, flood insurance is a wise investment. When you experience a disaster such as a flood, having a flood insurance policy can take away a lot of the stress of paying for any damages out of pocket.

Most standard insurance policies do not cover floods, but providers will offer flood insurance separately that can be added to your standard policy. Even if you do not live in a high-risk area for flooding, a flood insurance policy will likely be a separate add-on and cost.

Based on your location, insurance companies offer various types of flood insurance at different rates. When you live in a high-risk area, you may find more insurance companies that include flood insurance in your standard policy. If you live in an area with a low risk of flooding, you are considered at a lower risk of making a claim; therefore rates may be lower.

What Does Flood Insurance Cover?

When you get flood insurance, your policy typically covers your home and its contents. In addition to the building’s structure, you can expect to have coverage for:

  • Appliances
  • Furnaces, air conditioners, and water heating units
  • Plumbing and electrical systems
  • Carpets and flooring
  • Cabinets and shelving
  • Garages
  • Fuel tanks and other energy systems
  • Personal possessions
  • Clothing
  • Electronics
  • Furniture

Why Do I Need Flood Insurance?

Floods can happen to anyone whether they live in a flood-prone area or not. Flooding can occur in low-risk areas due to heavy rainfall and backed-up sewers. Flood insurance protects your home, regardless of the flood risk and possessions, and offers financial protection.

Can My Mortgage Lender Require Flood Insurance?

Some lenders may require flood insurance depending on the area you live. If you live in a high-flood area and take out a mortgage with a federally regulated bank, you will be required to have a flood insurance policy. If your lender requires flood insurance, it usually only applies to the structure of your home. The Gordon Agency can help you choose a flood insurance policy even if there is a slight possibility you will experience flooding.

What Should I Do if My Home Floods?

If your home floods, you will want to call your insurance company to report the incident. Document how much water you found, take photographs, and begin to note any damage. Submit your claim as soon as possible after the flood occurs. The earlier you file, the faster you get Paid.

Contact Us

This is the home of Florida’s Insurance Professionals. We are a multi-line independent agency that provides insurance solutions for personal and commercial lines—combining decades of relationship building with motivated licensed insurance agents to offer coverage options for all of your insurance needs. Our team of agents relies on our education, integrity, experience, and attention to detail to accurately assess each opportunity and offer optimal solutions for all of our clients. We are dedicated to matching the right product for every situation, always at the best
price available. Call us at (561) 988-3330, visit our website or paste our address in your browser https://tgafl.com/.

The Gordon Agency Inc.
1825 NW Corporate Blvd Ste 110,
Boca Raton, FL 33431
(561) 988-3330


© Copyright 2021. All Rights Reserved.