Being a homeowner means responsibility, preserving property values, and completing tasks that repair and keep your home in tip-top shape throughout the year. Following scheduled or seasonal home maintenance checklists can make the responsibility less daunting
Home Maintenance Checklists
Most everything needs special care to avoid costly repairs throughout the year. Regular maintenance removes unwanted surprises. It is easiest to follow a scheduled checklist for each part of the year and season, so you are not overwhelmed and doing tasks constantly.
Monthly Maintenance Schedule
Some tasks may require you to check in monthly to ensure they are working properly.
- Test smoke and carbon monoxide alarms and detectors – To keep yourself and family safe, it is important to check the batteries in smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors monthly. Remember to have replacement batteries handy. Smart detectors will let you know when the batteries need to be replaced and you could qualify for a homeowners insurance discount.
- Replace filters – Vent filters should be checked for debris and replaced immediately if debris is showing and preventing them from doing their job.
- Clean garbage disposal – Ensure that the garbage disposal is not clogged with food waste or other material, and if it is, run hot water and dish soap down the drain.
- Check for clogged pipes – Clogged pipes may affect the efficiency of your bathroom and kitchen drains. Running hot water can let you know if they are draining properly.
- Clean air vents – Vents harbor a build up of dust easily. Brushing the walls and using the hose vacuum attachment will remove the debris.
Biannual Maintenance Schedule
These tasks do not need to be checked monthly, twice a year should be plenty.
- Inspect the attic – Look for any cracks, leaks, or harm to the structure of the house.
- Clear gutters – Clean clogged gutters thoroughly.
Yearly Home Maintenance
These tasks should be completed once a year to prevent problems and save you money on major repairs.
Flush the water heater – Flushing and filling your tank with fresh water will maintain its integrity.
Inspect for termites – Checking for signs of wood damage and termites can help you avoid major damage to your house. You can call a termite professional to ask about preventative measures or to schedule an appointment.
Review your homeowners insurance policy – Contact your The Gordon Agency to review your policy and make sure your coverage limits, deductibles, and additional coverages are perfect for your wants and needs.
Spring and Summer Home Maintenance
Aside from your regularly scheduled maintenance, prepare your home for the warmer weather.
- Check and clean your window screens
- Reseal fences and decks.
- Check your driveway and walkways for cracks.
- Inspect your air conditioning unit.
- Check your paint and siding.
- Clean your air conditioner filter.
- Prepare your grill.
- Control bugs and mosquitoes.
Complete Customer Service
When it comes to highly rated customer service, The Gordon Agency fits the bill. We are known for completing requests, meeting client’s our needs, listening, and regularly reviewing our client’s insurance policies.
The Gordon Agency
This is the home of Florida’s Insurance Professionals. We are a multi-line independent agency that provides insurance solutions for both personal, and commercial lines. Combining decades of relationship building with motivated licensed insurance agents to provide coverage options for all of your insurance needs. Our team of agents relies on our education, integrity, experience, and attention to detail to accurately assess each opportunity and to offer the optimal solutions for all of our clients. We are dedicated to matching the right product for every situation, always at the best price available. Call us at 561-988-3330, visit our website or paste our address in your browser..
The Gordon Agency Inc.
1825 NW Corporate Blvd Ste 110,
Boca Raton, FL 33431
© Copyright 2020. All Rights Reserved