Florida: A Boater’s Paradise
Florida leads the nation with the most significant number of registered recreational boats. Sunny skies abound giving boaters plenty of opportunities to enjoy boating on Florida’s Intracoastal and ocean. While boaters insurance for recreational boats is not mandatory in Florida, you can cruise into trouble without a policy.
Technically speaking, purchasing an insurance policy for your boat is optional. However, if you need to finance your boat or store it in a marina, the lender or marina may require you to have boaters insurance. Protecting your investment and passengers isn’t optional, even if the law says so. Experience peace of mind knowing your boat has dependable coverage.
Florida’s Boating Statistics
While Florida leads the nation with the most significant number of registered boats, it also has the largest number of boating accidents involving $2,000 or more. There were more than 4,200 recreational boating accidents in 2017, according to the U.S. Coast Guard’s statistics. Florida is hurricane prone and well known for having multiple tropical storms each year. A boaters insurance policy is essential to cover damage these storms may create.
Boat insurance covers you in the event there is loss or damage to your boat. Most motorized watercraft will be covered. (Fishing, pontoon boats, leisure crafts, and yachts) Kayaks and canoes are generally not included.
Boat Insurance Policies Typically Includes:
- Collision Damage: Repair or replacement of your boat. Clean up of wreckage may require additional coverage.
- Property Damage Liability: If you cause damage to someone else’s boat or dock, property damage liability will cover the expenses.
- Uninsured Boater Liability: Uninsured Boater liability will cover medical bills, pain and
- suffering, lost income, and legal expenses.
- Comprehensive: If your boat is vandalized, damaged in an incident unrelated to a collision, or stolen, comprehensive will provide coverage.
- Bodily Injury: It covers medical expenses, caused by you, for people that are not on your boat.
Boat Insurance Coverages:
- Boat insurance covers passengers and the owner in the event there is an accident on the actual boat. It may not cover skiers pulled behind the boat.
- Comprehensive boat insurance covers theft of the actual boat. Personal possessions and fishing equipment may require an additional rider.
- Boat insurance may not cover hurricane, tornadoes, or windstorms. If these storms are common where you go boating, ask your agent about storm damage coverage.
- Engine damage may be covered, and if so, replacement is subject to depreciation cost.
- Comprehensive insurance or property damage coverage will cover collisions with obstacles on the water.
The Gordon Agency
If you own a boat, you need coverage in case something goes wrong. The Gordon Agency is Florida’s Premier Boat Insurance Agency. We proudly represent a wide variety of quality carriers. We can help you choose the policy with the best deductible by shopping around and comparing rates from numerous insurance companies. We will help you find the best policy with the most coverage at the best price.
This is the home of Florida’s Insurance Professionals. We are a multi-line independent agency that provides insurance solutions for both personal and commercial lines. Combining decades of relationship building with motivated licensed insurance agents to provide coverage options for all of your insurance needs.
Our team of agents relies on our education, integrity, experience, and attention to detail to accurately assess each opportunity and to offer the optimal solutions for all of our clients. We are dedicated to matching the right product to every situation, always at the best price available. Call us at 561-988-3330, visit our website or paste our address in your browser https://tgafl.com/
The Gordon Agency Inc.
1825 NW Corporate Blvd Ste 110,
Boca Raton, FL 33431
Leave A Comment